I just left our neighbors, the Laxtons, where we have our annual pizza party / kid send off trick-or-treating Halloween Party.
Pete went off with the kids around the neighborhood with the other Dads and I came home to pass out candy. As I left, I told Julie and Brian and Brian's parents that I didn't think we'd be back for a sleep over tonight!
It was four years ago tonight that our house caught on fire and we spent the night---all 15 of us---with the 7 Laxtons! What great neighbors and what a wonderful family they are! It was fun to see Brain's parents again tonight and laugh about how many hundreds of pancakes Gary made that next morning to feed the 12 kids we had with us and the 3 they had...he and Marie really did make it fun!
On another note, I don't mean to sound like a show off or anything. But, as I'm waiting for trick or treaters, I'm opening the mail AND MY MAMOGRAM CAME BACK NORMAL AND I DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!! Not that I was expecting anything else, but just so you all know.
That means, for any of you that have lost count, that this is the first year in four that I get to wait a year, instead of six months; and more importantly, when I get next years normal results, I will have been 5 years cancer free!!! Now that will be some Halloween celebration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
YIPPEEEEEE! Great test results ~ The best ever!! Better than Halloween candy! Great news! We are VERY happy for you!
Love, Megan
PS Where are the pictures ~of your kids dressed up for Halloween that is! :)
Congrats Mary! I love you!
Post a Comment