Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day and the End of the School Year!

What a couple of weeks it has been! There are performances and concerts and recitals every other hour!
Nolan and Aidan are preparing to leave their Elementary School and go to the 5th/6th Grade Building in the fall. Pasha and John went there, too, but that doesn't make any of us less anxious! Nolan is willing, but not thrilled. Aidan, a little more of an adventurer thinks because it is further from home, it may be more fun.
As part of their swan song from Pinecrest, the 4th grade performs a talent show. Nolan played his recorder with two friends, and Aidan sang a solo, something like "watch out world--here I come". Needless to say, I took a lot of pictures (none of which are worth showing anyone,in that you cannot tell what anything is)...also, I started to cry the minute Nolan walked on stage and continued to cry through Aidan's song and gathering my flock in the hall to take home. So, sorry...no pictures...but trust me, it was moving and worth hearing and seeing. Nolan and Aidan have both done a tremendous job in these K-4 years. Aidan has been such a great brother and helper to Nolan and Nolan has worked so hard to be where he is now...and be ready for where he's going! I am so proud of both of them!

Memorial Day week-end was great and fun. We went to the cottage early afternoon on Friday, new boat (well, new to us) in hand. We cleaned, mowed, swept, re-arranged and had lots of fun. Kate and Rick came over for coffee. Kate and I went to the Cemetaries AND the Jackson Coney Island. Our Wheeler Friends came for dinner and swimming on Sunday....all and all, we tried to 'open the cottage' and didn't quite get there----but we are so ready for summer, it doesn't matter!

Tonight was John's final choir concert of the year. I didn't even try to take pictures but Uncle Doug did so maybe I can borrow some. John sang like an angel---and the whole choir looked and sang beautifully, too. Good I didn't try to take pictures because I cried through most of this performance, too.....I was happy to have Susan next to me because she's a crier, too!

All and all, the end of the year is great stuff! We're on to T-Ball and dance rehersals Saturday----dance recital Monday night! I think I'll get an IV to be good and hydrated for that one----Buffy, Ben, Alex, Jane and Lilly are all dancing!

I wish for everyone to be so bleased and busy this May/June!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great way to spend memorial day! I am so bummed that I will not get to go to the cottage this summer! I guess I will have to make up for it next summer! Love you!!

Rachel